Blog Archive

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Elder Inman Letter August 31, 2014

"And if it so be that you should labor all your days ...

D&C 43: 28 Wherefore, labor ye, labor ye in my vineyard for the last time—for the last time call upon the inhabitants of the earth.

Happy Labor Day everyone! I am so blessed to be the Lord's servant in his vinyard for the last time. And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but the Montana Billings Mission! This week was very spiritually draining but excellent.

Lots of meetings. Tuesday through Wednesday we actually had a two day Mission Leadership Seminar. From 7:30am till 9:30 PM Tuesday night we discussed important points of Preach My Gospel and had a 2 hour testimony meeting. I want to include something from my journal,

"President talked a lot about Purification, Sanctification, and Edification. I was so humbled by the responsibility I have in the Billings East Zone. Both in the scriptures and in the temple we are given something called "charges." After studying it, the spirit confirmed to me today that a "charge" is a commandment and responsibility given by someone in authority. To whom is given the charge takes absolute accountability for those whom he/she has stewardship over in seeing that they also obey this charge (hence why it was given to Adam, the father of us all). If I (who am charged to purify and sanctify this zone and its missionaries) do not carry out what I was charged with, everyone's sins will be upon my head (Jacob 1:19). Sweet."

After all of this I felt like I could baptize the world. I'll just call in another flood haha. Seriously though, it really opened my eyes to what true leadership and charges mean! This seminar was very uplifting but also very fun. Elder Rasmusson stayed the night with us for the 2 days and his companion Elder Izatt was actually Elder Griffith's companion so it was a reunion! We got to go to Golden Corral as a Council (of like 80 missionaries).

Thursday we had Zone Training (another 3 hour meeting) that I conducted. I gave a discussion on the Law of the Gospel, which encompasses all other Laws (Obedience, Sacrifice, Chastity, and Consecration). Basically it is the set of Laws given to Adam and Eve (and therefore us) allowing us to choose to live a life like Christ's and return to our Father's presence. Section 88 is a good source if you would like to study that! 

Other events of the week included seeing a rattlesnake that we nearly ran over. It coiled up and was ready to strike our car...so we didn't leave the car :) We met with the Stake President, Ward Mission Leader, Bishop, and lots of active families to figure out who needs to hear the gospel. We've had a rough start trying to find people who the other Elders worked with. But we have found several part-memeber families that we are excited to start teaching. I've been a bit frustrated lately but trying to be open with Elder Griffith. Things are going well for the most part.

I can't believe Lacey is getting married this weekend. My mind has not quite comprehended it. I'm excited for them though! Take lots of pictures! And I expect a picture with my cardboard cutout :D Happy Birthday Jesse! I'll be sending you a letter this week! I love all of you and congratulations Lacey! Good luck with school Torie, I am proud of you! 

They don't call it "Big Sky Country" for nothin! And this little tricycle reminded me of Mario Cart.