Blog Archive

Monday, September 15, 2014

Elder Inman Letter September 8, 2014

I am at a loss for words!

Wow I don't even know what to say! Jesse turns 16, Torie is leaving for College and and Lacey is married! I seem to be the only child in the family not doing much different! Haha. But I am doing something important so I'm ok with that :)

My week will sound so lame compared to everyone elses! This week was a week of finding...or at least trying to. It seemed like everyone we talked to wasn't interested or wasn't home. We also didn't get fed this week because we share a ward with another set of Elders. But that's ok, I need to lose weight anyway haha.

Part of the week was spent on exchanges with the Lockwood Elders. I was there with Elder Paris who is a new District Leader. This week they found 7 new investigators! We were on bikes and it has been over a year since I've biked! While biking, I thought I was just super out of shape...but after 1.5 hours i discovered that the front brake had been applied the entire time and was providing me with resistance the whole time while going uphill -__-. Good thing I took that cycling class!

It has been a week of blessings. Particularly Priesthood blessings! I have given at least three priesthood blessings this week, 2 to missionaries and one to a non-memeber. The thought occurred to me that the same priesthood being used for these blessings was the same priesthood that was used to seal Lacey and Eric for time and all eternity, just through different keys. I am so grateful for that authority here on the earth. We also had a very good District Meeting about Temple Covenants. Sister Aller (one of our STL's) talked about the Savior's "yoke" actually being our covenants and that is why it can be easier when we become yoked with the Savior. Interesting thoughts.

Other highlights this week was a huge breakfast at a members home who fed our whole zone french toast! The previous night I ate a $27 steak haha. Since we weren't get fed I figured we'd tak ourselves out! So worth it.

That's about it for this week. Those videos made me and my companion laugh so hard! I didn't know I could dance so well! Glad Jesse had a good Birthday and that Lacey's wedding went so well :) I was happy to be there and to be the life of the party! Wait where are Lacey and Eric going to be living? Not St. George are they? Are they going to live in or near Rexburg for school? Where did they go for their honeymoon? They both looked so happy and beautiful. Thank you for all the pictures :)

Please pray for our area! And our zone. I feel like we are trying so hard but the Lord's elect just haven't been presented to us yet. Hope all travels go well and I love you all!