Blog Archive

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Elder Inman Letter February 16, 2013

Hey family!

 Lots of crazy stuff that went on this week! It turns out I'm pretty sick. I've had a cold for four days and it went bad. The infection spread to my ear filling up my ear canal with pus. How sweet is that? I woke up at 2:30 in the morning with the WORST pain I have ever felt in my ear and didn't sleep the rest of the night. So I went to the doctor and he doped me up pretty good. I'm now in Sudafed, Benadryl, Hydrocodone, Ibuprofen, and 2 different antibiotics. That was yesterday and today I already feel better. He told me if I'm not 100% better on Tuesday, I can't leave or my ear drum will burst on the airplane. I leave Tuesday the 19th! Our flight leaves at 9:46 so I'll probably be calling around 8? Not entirely sure when we'll get there.

I was so stoked to hear about Jack's call! Argentina! I'm so pumped for him, he'll do awesome there. He needs to learn what "manana" means ha-ha (what's manana?). Mom, your story is crazy! I'm glad you got out of the whole teenage shooting thing safely! That's pretty scary, who thought Scottsdale would be like the hood? ha-ha just kidding. Thanks for the package! I got it 2 days before valentines day and had already opened it when I got the letter saying not too. Tell Jesse I sent his letter in the mail yesterday and he should get it soon! How is Torie doing? Band? School? Saxophone? I also got 2 other packages on Valentines day! Rick sent me donut holes from that really good donut shop in Kaysville! What is his address so I can send a letter to him? All it had was the post office address on it. AND Jacks GRANDMA sent me a dozen krispy kreme donuts! It's like I'm destined to get fat.

One of our Elders went home this week :( It was pretty sad but he knows he's coming back and we're all praying for him. We're going to the temple today (the Provo temple is amazing by the way), and we'll put his name in.

I've been taking pictures and tried out the recorder a bit. Can you ask the Barrets if they know how to upload the recorder? There isn't a cord and there isn't an SD card of any kind. Also, I might need my other suit and some clothes hangers. Don't send them till I know for sure, but my other suit is going to get worn down fast since I wear it every day. I tried to upload some pictures but this particular computer won't let me. I'll try a little later. Anywho, how is surp city (surprise)?! Dad how's work, staying pretty busty? Mom how's Jesse's school? I wanna hear it all! The latest I would send a dear elder would be like Monday morning because I'll be gone Tuesday!

To all reading this, send letters to my Montana Address from here on out! Thanks for the support!

Here's a few spiritual thoughts for the day:

"The road to Salvation, goes through Gethsemane" - Elder Holland
"If we work hard and are exactly obedient, the Spirit is at the crossroads." -President Stice (Branch President)
"God picks the people who do the little things, to do the big things. After Ammon smote off the arms of the Lamanites, he put away the Horses."
"You can't stop to rest, and expect to be in the same position"
"You radiate the commandments you keep."
"Commandments are the schoolmaster of Salvation."
Luke 22:31-32 = Jesus Prays for us individually by name.

Love and miss you all! Talk to you Tuesday! I WILL BE CALLING DAD'S CELL UNLESS OTHERWISE TOLD TO CALL A DIFFERENT NUMBER. I can only call once with the pre-paid card, so let me know asap! Wish me luck!

Love, Elder Inman