Blog Archive

Monday, January 26, 2015

Elder Inman Letter January 26, 2015 (His last email of the mission)

This is my testimony last of all ...

Family and Friends,

What an incredible two years. I have seen a transformation in myself that I hope I will never lose. Thank you to all receiving this email in helping me be an effective emissary and agent of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no greater feeling than to bear his name on my chest. I would not trade my experiences for anything.

As my time as a full-time missionary grows shorter I want to testify of the message I have been called and set apart to give. God the Father loves all his children and knows them perfectly. He knows our desires and needs better than we do. He loved us enough to send his Son to die for each one of us that we might return to live with him again. We are placed here on the earth in families to, I believe, understand that relationship we have with our Heavenly FATHER and because the family is the most powerful unit here on the earth. We start as families and God's plan is designed to finish as families.

Prophets have lead and guided God's children from the time of Adam. The hold the Priesthood, or authority to speak, act, and perform in the name of Jesus Christ. That Priesthood governs the church and is the only authority that binds what we do here on earth (like baptism) with heaven. Christ organized his church with that authority by ordaining twelve apostles. 

That church was gone for a long time in a time period we call the Great Apostasy. It resulted in the formation of many churches. The true church of Jesus Christ was restored in the year 1830, only 10 years after a boy named Joseph Smith knelt down to simply ask God which church to join. Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet on the earth today holding all the Priesthood keys necessary for Christ's church to function. That original church Christ organized is the SAME church here and now on the earth once again.

The Book of Mormon is scripture translated by the Power of God. It testifies that Jesus is the Christ and goes hand in hand with the Bible. Read it. Pray about it.

Most importantly. I testify that Jesus Christ lives. He suffered and died for each and every one of you. My purpose the past two years has been to be his witness and to invite others to come closer to him. Repentance is made possible because of the Savior. Repentance is what has changed my entire being.

I will now turn to something that happened this week :) Friday I had my departing interview with President Mecham. I have really been praying the past week for a confirmation that the Lord had accepted my service. In my interview President committed me to do at least 8 things when I get home. They entail attending a singles ward haha and he told me that one day he will come to my house, meet my wife and children and would specifically be looking to see if I was the one leading my family in scripture study, prayer, family home evening, and to make sure i am treating my wife like a queen. And he said if not...he would pull me aside and we will have a little talk. Haha! And he will too! But then he looked me in the eye and asked, "Elder Inman, are you a successful missionary." I reflected on the people I have ministered to over the course of my mission. Overwhelmingly the spirit confirmed to me that I was a successful missionary. The Lord has accepted my service.

The Gospel is true! I bear witness of it in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.