Blog Archive

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Elder Inman Lette November 10, 2014

Goodbye Billings, Hello Missoula!

Yep transfer news came! After two transfers in Shepherd, the Lord has called me to Missoula 4 Ward as a Zone Leader to be with Elder Burnham and Elder Snell. Missoula is not far from Rexburg, ID and it is gorgeous there! There is a bowl of mountains and a lot more people. Much more people. President told me when I got transferred to Shepherd that he would leave me here till I made a significant impact on the area and zone. We had 6 baptisms, 14 reactivations, and we tripled Shepherd's teaching pool including someone on date. Now I don't say that to boast but "I boast in my God" as Ammon would say that we were able to be instruments in the Lord's hands to bring about much good. Now I am off to Missoula to see what is in store for me there!

Our appointment with Claudia fell through this week but her granddaughter had taken Claudia's Book of Mormon to school because she needed to read a "non-fiction book." Sweet! So hopefully there is some potential there.

District Meeting was intense this week. We had a murmuring issue that needed to be addressed and our District Leader shared the talk "Beware of Pride" by Ezra Taft Benson. Doctrine and Covenants 121 talks about having an increase of love after giving counsel with sharpness. So Elder Partridge baked a cake that looked IDENTICAL to cat litter. It was so impressively real that a sister nearly threw up. I was laughing so hard. It is basically a chocolate cake, blended oreo, rolled brownie for poop. I will include a picture haha.

Thursday was pretty uneventful as usual. Weekly planning. I guess something pretty eventful was visiting a recent convert's home and needing to dedicate her home due to some unwelcome spirits.

Friday we taught 4 lessons and that felt great! We had one particularly great experience with a less-active family. The wife of that family had been delving into anti-momron material and was offended. The husband has been really passive. I felt prompted to ask him what his number one priority was. He responded that it was his family. There have been few occasions where I have been flooded by the spirit to the point that my legs felt like they were radiating heat. I told him that if his family was truly his number one priority, he needed to step up, gain his own testimony, stop seeking for excuses, and actually try to make his family eternal. I followed with testimony that actually caused me to tear up (and that rarely happens anymore).The room was silent. After we left we received the following text (I will leave some of it out), "Okay so your talk really got us talking and we decided...to take a leap of faith. We're going to start purely reading the Book of Mormon, doing our personal and family prayers, and on Sunday...we are going to pay our tithing..." The power of testimony! It goes to show that the Spirit teaches and we just need to be worthy so the spirit can work through us!

We had other good things happen this week too, but that was the highlight of the week. It sounds like mom had an enjoyable time with Lacey, Torie and Eric! And Jesse is excited about being on the internet and tv haha. The snow came last night for the first time of the season. It is indeed going to get cold really quick! I love it though :) Also...does paint come out of suit coats? I have no idea how, when, or where it happened but like a bar of white paint got on my suit coat :( Hope the dry cleaner can get it out. Have a great week! Love you all!