Blog Archive

Friday, October 10, 2014

Elder Inman Letter October 6, 2014

Fantastic General Conference

I LOVE general conference! I am sad that I slept through so many of them in years past haha. I think now that I truly understand what it means to have Prophets and Apostles alive here on the earth today, it changes the whole purpose of the conference. These men are called of God with the same authority as Moses or Abraham or Noah or any prophet of old! The same as Nephi, Lehi, Jacob, Mormon, or Alma! We see scripture unfold in real time with a current Prophet and the words said are specific to our day and time! Now we choose to respond as righteous saints or to reject their words as many of the Lamanites and the Nephites eventually did. Keep in mind the Nephite civilization gets destroyed for once being a righteous people and then rejected the Prophet :)

Of all the speakers I think I enjoyed Jorg Klebingat's and D. Todd Christofferson's. They were both super straight forward and not sugar coated at all. Their talks applied perfectly to those we are teaching and for me as well. Elder Godoy who spoke in Portuguese was the one who came to our mission!

This week has been a week of finding and frustration. It was transfer week and we received a third companion Elder Bond. He goes home in 5 weeks but has been ready to go home since his 6 month mark.

On a more exciting note, our mission got enough people to request "Meet the Mormons" and it is going to show here in Billings! I hope lots of people will go see it so that they can use it as a proselyting opportunity. It's easy to invite someone to the movies!

It sounds like things are going crazy for everyone! I cannot fully comprehend Torie being at college. She was a Junior in high school when I left! And Lacey is married...still hasn't quite registered with me yet. And Jesse is 16. Wow. And the 303 freeway is finished? Ahhh! The world didn't stop when I left!

The Davis' went to the temple this week! I was bummed I wasn't able to join them but they had an amazing experience! I hope to be able to join them soon. It has been so cool to see people I have help taught return to the temple or to go there for the first time. The church is true and I am so happy to be such an active part of it in this exciting time. Another message or theme I saw in conference was the need to establish our own testimony. The end is near and only more persecution and supposed "evidences" will come forth to destroy the Kingdom of God. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent. Till it has penetrated every continent, visited every climb, swept every country, and sounded in every ear. Till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say, the work is done." - Joseph Smith