Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Elder Inman Letter January 20, 2014

Goodbye Bigfork ...


Yup, transfers are here again already! After 12 weeks here in Bigfork, the Lord has called me elsewhere. I am actually going to POWELL, WY (a 9 hour drive) to be a ZONE LEADER! I'm both humbled and excited. It will be hard to leave Bigfork, but I guess that each area feels that way. We had a lot going on here in Bigfork, the next Elder will walk into 2 baptisms and a reactivation! But I am just happy I could be part of those people's conversions :).

So this week was kind of crazy. This week was, "Truck Crash Week." To clarify, our truck is "crashed" from 5-9 every day and the members are expected to take, and come with us to our appointments. The whole stake did it to get members involved. It was AWESOME!

Monday was a half-pday, as we had appointments throughout the day. I got a new movie called, "Ephraim's Rescue" which is all about being exactly obedient, being worthy, and the Power of the Priesthood. It is SUCH a good movie! And it's approved to watch, so don't worry haha. We had our lesson with Seanne (that's the correct spelling I have learned) in the afternoon Monday. Our discussion was on the Plan of Salvation because that is what she had most questions about. I thought it went pretty well, but we got a call later in the week from her saying she prayed about it and does not want further lessons :/ So that sucks but she has her agency. Dinner Monday was with the Hughes, who invited a partly-active family over for dinner and also Brother Hughes set up another appointment later that evening with one of his innactive home teaching families. It was sweet! And for dinner we had Elk Carne Asada with Mango Habanero salsa...SO GOOD.

Tuesday we finished the rest of our P-day, and had dinner at the Harris' who made Cafe Rio again :) Amanda Harris, who I have worked with since I got here, is now reactivated and wants to go to the Temple to have an eternal family! I am so excited for her and it has strengthened me to see her progress and rebuilding her testimony. They are a great family and I am going to miss them. Now I know why I was sent to Bigfork. I don't think it is coincidence that I was here to see her right up to the end of her reactivation.

We taught seminary Wednesday morning. Guess what it was about? Yup! Missionary work! Later in the day, we went to see Drew Jensen who just got surgery on his shoulder. He was pretty doped up when we came by but seems to be getting better. Dinner was with a family named the Adamson's. Guess what we had for dinner? Yeah, Hawaiian Pizza! Ahhhhh! Hahaha luckily they had a cheese pizza as well.

Thursday we helped a Senior couple pack for their mission to Portland, Oregon. They just needed some help lifting heavy things into the car. We then went to Subway and weekly planned. Brother Harris picked us up there to go with us on our appointment with Sondra. Sondra enjoyed Olivia's (her daughters) baptism, but had some questions as to why God "needs" to be worshiped. SHe has difficulty contemplating God. But she can somewhat understand the character of God if compared to a being named, "Que" from Star Trek! A being who has experienced life, perfected it, and is now omniscient and omni-present. That actually fits pretty well! Haha. We pushed her date back to February 15, but is keeping most of the commitments we give her.

District Meeting went long Friday, but it went well I suppose. We ate lunch at Five Guys, and then helped Anne spread some Ice Melt outside her Giftshop. Who knew they sold 10 gallon buckets of Salt to melt ice!? What is ice anyway? Haha. Dinner was with Bishop Bunker. We had Chili and Cinnamon roles! Then we went and visited Korry Bell who was baptized last June. Bishop was asking her about the three things Gordon B. Hinckley says every new member needs: a friend, a calling, and nourishment by the good word of God. She is struggling a bit so we (Or Elder Parker and new companion) will teach her weekly to help her testimony.

Saturday morning we actually went back to Korry's to stack wood and split some wood for her. I fell FOUR times! Her driveway is so icy! It is hard to swing an axe when you are sliding backwards mid-swing...I "split" the ice a few times haha. Then we had a lesson with Korry. We are beginning the Book of Mormon with her from the beginning, the introduction. And we are meeting with her tonight as well to go over her questions. 

Yesterday was a mix of packing and visiting people to say bye. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the area, it's beautiful. Definitely coming back in the summer! So it sounds like a busy week back home huh? I am so jealous that you all get to go to Trek. Watch Ephraim's rescue before going on the Trek! I might actually be close to where the real Trek was. Martin's cove and so forth. The only thing I am not looking forward to...sales tax! There is none in Montana! But oh well. WHat also stinks is that Elder Villejo would have been in my zone here in Kalispell. This is his last transfer.

Well I hope you all have a great week! I am sending home FIVE boxes of things that I either don't need, won't fit, or both. Sorry to keep sending home packages you can't open haha! Let me know when you have received all of them. They have some souvenirs in them that I want to know are safe :) I love you and miss you all!

First two are the Harris' and the last picture is the Allen's :)