Blog Archive

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Elder Jacob Inman Letter February 9, 2013

First P-Day!

Hey Family!

MY P-days are on Saturday, I'm not sure why we were told that we wouldn't get to email this week. Anyways, the MTC is great! However, it is getting a bit claustrophobic. There are SO many missionaries here and hardly enough room to acomodate all of us. The cafeteria is especially crowded and the food is EXACTLY the same as the cannon center at BYU haha. I sent home a letter on Thursday talking about my first day a bit. But if it's not posted yet, it went a little like this...Jack, Olivia, and Meagan Roll picked me up, we went to brick oven and Dylan and Rachel came! MIssionaries ate free...let's just say I took advantage of that :) I arrived at the MTC and had someone show me where to go, got my name tags and then Alex found me! It was so cool to see a familiar face I've seen a lot of people I know! I sate Natalie Bothwell, Jeremy, Issac and Steven Champayne, Kevin Hale from EFY, and a bunch others.

Kind of a cool few side notes, this group of missionaries is the biggest group the MTC has ever recieved at one time before, and us English speaking missionaries are the first to leave within two weeks! I leave 10 days from now and will already be in Montana. Crazy stuff. It's snowing here today and I'm so pumped to see even more of it in Montana! The spirit is so strong here. The days feel extremely long but it's all good stuff. I guess they only feel long because I used to wake up at noon and get to bed at midnight. Here I'm up by 6:30 and in bed by 10;30! I've actually adapted to it better than I thought i would.

My companion is pretty cool I suppose. He can be alittle odd at times by I guess I am too haha. He knows every musical known to man and will sing a line of a song to EVERYTHING I say i feels like. Gets kind of annoying. also, he has an alarm clock with a dog that barks and wimpers to wake us up....yeah. OH! The other companionship in our dorm is pretty sweeet too! Elder Rodriguez is our District leader and his family was on "The District" missionary videos! How cool is that?! Our Branch President is a drill Sargeant who has a lot of rules. BUT, he knows what he's doing and is actually a very spiritual guy. We have 12 ELders in our District and no sisters. Which doesnt happen to often. Tell DOM that Elder Packham (Jake Packham) from BYU-I is in our District! We spend like 6 hours in a classroom so I see him all the time, he's a funny guy. We've all gotten to be pretty good friends since we spend 15 hours a day together haha,

I taught my first investigator yesterday! HIS name is Lindsay, from Austrailia. He's 52 and is quite the online dater. Haha claims to know everything about God and the Bible and was just curious about what we believe. We totally butchered our first discussion...lol it was horrible. We were expecting to Bible bash or for him to have at least a knowlege about God. Turns out he was someone who really had never read the Bible, wasn't familiar with it's teachings and only says he knew everything about God to avoid embarressment. So our lesson was pretty much planned completely wrong. But we have another lesson on Monday to teach and we'll start simple.

I haven't gained any weight yet...that I'm aware of. I got to work out yesterday, they have an enormous gym here. The courts are on the first floor and the track is actually on the third floor with different weight machines at each corner, almost like stations. It was pretty sweet. We get gym once a day and I'm determined to stay in shape!

Thanks for all the dear elder's and letters! I felt very loved. We get our mail at lunch every day but I didn't get to open any till yesterday afternoon. Keep em comin! I promise to write back to everyone, it just might take a week or so because we dont have much free time. I'm grateful to be here. We were promised right at the beginning by our branch president that our testimonies will double in the time that we are here if we are dedicated and exactly obedient. I've never read or prayed as many times in a day than I have here at the MTC it's great.

How are things at home? Is Jesse feeling better? How is school torie? Anything exciting happen at home? How has Jesse been? Mom how are you holding up? I think about you all daily and am doing my best here! Thanks dad for the line of authority record! That's always neat to see. Im so excited to go out and am learning something new everyday! I love you all and you are in my prayers! I'll write back in a week!

P.S. JACK AND DYLAN. If you have your mission calls you better let me know now haha. If not, dear elder me anyway :)

Love,
Elder Inman